Technologies are becoming more environmentally friendly, so we have been making endeavours to seek out new materials and innovative ways of utilizing plastics as part of a developing strategy.
We have invested over 160 million CZK into direct protection of the environment in the past ten years. Emission of volatile organic substances has decreased by 90% in comparison with the beginning of the 1990s. Additionally, water and all forms of energy consumption have diminished due to implementing the latest technologies and optimizing production. The indexes of environmental burden show a decreasing trend with regard to the production volume.
INTEGRATED SYSTEM POLICY
The primary vision of Fatra is to prevail over stiff competition from domestic and foreign firms also undertaking the processing of plastics.
The company is obliged to fulfil such a vision by reaching and maintaining a high standard in its products and services, as well as environmental measures and health and safety at work practices. Fatra places emphasis on preventing accidents and decreasing risk to nearby inhabitants and the assets of the company.
The following items constitute the framework of aims of the firm’s integrated system:
- To increase customer satisfaction by supplying quality products delivered in time, where it is simultaneously necessary to ensure minimal environment burden.
- To fulfil the requirements of legal and other regulations in the framework of individual fields of an integrated system.
- To prevent pollution of the environment, to enforce suitable preventive procedures concerning environment protection and the health of employees, and to reduce the risk of emergencies.
- To conduct regular evaluation of risks in the field of quality, EMS, health and safety at work, emergency readiness and to take adequate means due to continual improvement of all processes within the integrated system.
- To inform employees and the public about the influence of its activities on the health and environment.
- To further the qualifications and awareness of employees in all fields of the integrated system.
- To facilitate and maintain hygienic conditions for production of products enforced thus by the hygiene/medical sectors or determined for food contact.
Ing. Pavel Čechmánek, Managing Director of Fatra, a.s.
RESPONSIBLE CARE IN CHEMISTRY INDUSTRY
Fatra has been operating in compliance with principles of the ‘Responsible Care’ programme since 1994. On 13/05/2011, the company made a commitment to said programme, which it adheres to as a member of the Association of Chemical Industry of the Czech Republic, to ensure a high level of protection for the health and safety of its employees, the general public and natural environment when conducting its activities. Fatra received the approval of the Association in 2011 to use the Responsible Care logo for the period of two years, followed by another two-year period in 2013 and four-year period in 2015. With respect to the fact that the company continuously meets the requirements of this programme, it requested the Association in 2019 for the approval to use the logo, which was granted till October 2023.